A Firm Dedicated to Your Defense
The attorneys at Jurney & De La Grana, P.A., are dedicated to the defense of those charged with or under investigation for the commission of state or federal offenses. We are counselors, strategists, and advocates for a wide variety of individuals at all stages of criminal proceedings. Few things in life are more daunting and intimidating than facing criminal prosecution. It is important to be prepared. Having a competent and experienced attorney by your side is imperative. We pride ourselves on also providing compassionate representation and helping your family navigate the criminal justice system.
Time is of the essence in all criminal matters. The United States Constitution guarantees all persons accused of a crime certain rights and it is crucial to have an experienced attorney by your side at every stage of your case. Whether you have been formally arrested or are under investigation the attorneys at Jurney & De La Grana, P.A., are here to help. We will ensure that your interests and Constitutional rights are protected at all times.
At Jurney & De La Grana, P.A. we handle every case with individualized care and attention. We understand the stress associated with being arrested and charged with a criminal case.
Do I Need a Criminal Lawyer if I Plan to Plead Guilty?
Yes. Regardless of whether you plan to plead guilty or not guilty, you have rights that need to be protected by an experienced lawyer. The criminal legal process can be complex and stressful, so it’s important to have someone on your side to guide you through to the completion of your case and pursue the best possible outcome for your situation.
I’ve Been Arrested. Should I Talk to the Police?
No! The police are not your friends, and trying to talk your way out of custody is not going to work. The best thing you can do in this situation is to politely (but firmly) decline to answer any questions until you’ve contacted an attorney. The Fifth Amendment exists to give you the right to remain silent, so make sure you exercise that right.
What's the Difference Between a State Crime and a Federal Crime?
Crimes may be prosecuted at either the state or federal level. If you commit a violation of a state law here in Florida, your case can be prosecuted within the state court system. Federal crimes, no matter where they are committed, are crimes against the laws of the entire country. These crimes are pursued in the Federal court system by the U.S. Attorney's Office.
It is essential to find the right Miami defense attorney to represent you in your criminal case. An experienced attorney can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. When choosing a lawyer, it is important to consider their experience level, knowledge of the law, and track record of successful cases. The attorneys at Jurney & De La Grana, P.A., have a wealth of experience and are dedicated to providing excellent legal representation for their clients in all stages of criminal proceedings
Here are some steps that you should take when looking for a Miami defense attorney:
- Ask around - talk with family and friends for referrals or search online reviews to get an idea of which lawyers in your area have good reputations.
- Research the attorneys’ credentials – make sure they are licensed to practice law within Florida and that they specialize in criminal defense law.
- Choose two or three attorneys that match your criteria – look into their backgrounds and success rates on similar cases as yours before making your final decision.
- Schedule a consultation – this is an opportunity for both you and the attorney to discuss your case, ask questions, and get an understanding of how they will approach it going forward so that you can determine if it’s a good fit for both parties involved.
- Make sure you understand what fees/costs are associated with hiring legal representation – discuss them thoroughly with potential attorneys before making any commitments so there are no surprises down the line when it comes time to pay for services rendered.
“Professional, attentive and client driven. Fantastic service”- Diana C.